Friday, November 2, 2012

Liebster Award!


What is the Liebster Award, you ask?
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.


RULES:

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs!

Random Facts about Me:
  1. I don't do mornings. And I'm not usually so overly concerned about my appearance to do things that I probably aught to do like, blow dry my hair.  I know it behaves much better when I do such a simple task (though it takes at least 20 minutes with my thick hair), but most days I'm bolting out the door with wet hair and blasting the A/C or heat in the truck on my way into the office. Hey, it's better than it was in High School when I perfected the art of brushing my teeth while driving down the road!
  2. I day dream, and have pretty vivid dreams during my sleep. I won't lie- my day dreams are pretty worst-case scenario. I think about how I would handle things if John or I were in a bad car accident, or were given a bad health diagnosis etc. Probably pretty pessimistic, but I feel like I handle bad news and crisis situations well and I attribute some of that to the fact that I'm always thinking through the worst-case scenarios. 
  3. Change and I don't do well. Sometimes big changes can happen and it isn't a big deal for me, I'm working on being more receptive to it. But I kind of flip out about the little things, particularly the ramifications of a lack of planning.  A for example, if I have to go to the grocery store when I've been doing a good job of keeping up with my couponing and grocery lists/meal plannings and for some reason I need to buy things without my coupons that I know I have at home, it kind of makes me flip out a little. 
  4. I play handbells! I've played since I was about 8! It is a great emotional outlet for me! I've played handbells on tour in Florida and Paris France. The group also toured in Spoleto, Italy but I was stuck in Lubbock taking Spanish : /
  5. I'm really bad at this kind of thing! I should have a file of "about me" facts or quick questions to answer in situations like this because I'm not good at just spouting things out off the top of my head. {the reason I've been working on this post for over a week!}
  6. I'm not a tidy person. I can clean, and put everything in its place; but I'm not good at maintaining the tidiness of our home. And cleaning? Yeah, not so much. I know how to clean, I've spent a great deal of time cleaning homes as a second job. I just stink at doing it on a regular basis in my own home.
                        6.1 I'm excited for May! Why May you ask? Because we already know that we will be moving to be in the middle, half way between Johns work and mine. May is when I will officially be 100% in my new position at work AND May is when John has Okayed that we can hire someone to come in and do the cleaning!!
  7. I am just like my Mom! When you look at pictures of her at my age, it is scary to see the striking similarities. My Dad has always said that I look like her when she was younger, but I never really believed it until after she was gone. Example: At her funeral, her half niece (is that the appropriate way to describe that relationship?) was coming along with some of her family. I had never met these people, I think my father only had once. I was standing in the foyer greeting friends and family when these perfect strangers walked up, they of course knew who I was, when I asked how they know who I was - she simply responded that I was Moms spitting image.
  8. I was a terribly shy child. Part of it I 'blame' on the fact that Kindergarten was the first real socialization I had with other children my age. I outgrew most of the social anxiety my 8th grade year, but I still remember bawling because my mom was going to make me audition for region band in 7th grade. Though the majority of that is behind me, I'm still not great at trying new things - even going into an unknown store or restaurant makes me a little uneasy, but I'll talk you ear off!
  9. When I was a kid, I always thought I wanted to be a teacher. I put myself through college teaching daycare, which I loved! Particularly at the centers that let me have free reign of my own classroom! I love my job, but am pretty sure that sooner rather than later, I will be back in school to get my teachers certification. I just can't see the rest of my life without me being in a classroom at some point.
  10. I love Tex-Mex!! I could make an entire days meal off of chips and a good salsa or queso! In fact, I just had some tasty chips & salsa!
  11. It doesn't take much to know what is on my mind or what I'm dwelling on. For months, my obsession (of sorts) has been to start a family. We obviously haven't, and our window of time for the next while has closed. We know it must be Gods plan that we aren't yet parents, but sometimes it is really hard to be patient and seek His will.



QUESTIONS FROM CHRISTINA:
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in small town Texas about an hour North of DFW - in the same house that John and I live in now!

2. Do you have an article of clothing that you cannot get rid of no matter how worn it is?
I do - but I guess it's even worse than how worn out it is, because I can't even wear it anymore. I have the Nike wind jacket my Granda bought for me just before he passed away, the down coat my Granny bought for me just before she passed and the Dress (& purse!) I wore to my Uncle Ted & Aunt Shannon's wedding. I am far too nostalgic! 

3. Have a bucket list? What's the number on thing on it?
I have a bucket list of sorts, but it isn't listed in order of priority, I also keep 101 lists for short term big goals!

4. Beauty product you cannot live without?
I don't know if this counts... but, Mary Kay Acne Gel. I remember standing at the bathroom mirror with my Mom when I was maybe 13, I was really struggling with acne and I said to her as I was putting on the acne gel that 'I couldn't wait to be an adult and not have breakouts anymore'. Her response as she was putting on acne gel too was that since she had adult acne it would probably be a life long struggle. Sure enough, it is - but with MK I can keep it mostly under control.

5. What is your favorite season of the year, and why?
I love fall!! Spring is also nice too! I'm not a huge fan of the "extreme" seasons. Summer and Winter are a little too drastic for my tastes. 
 
6. Why do you blog?
I blog for me and I blog for my legacy.  Every time I hit a milestone in my life, I wonder if it is normal, or how other people handle it. Particularly, how my Mom would have handled it, planned for the future and managed the stage in her life. I know so well that tomorrow isn't a guarantee and a normal day can turn into a life changing event. I blog to document life and mark goals, but through the lens of tomorrow isn't a guarantee. 

7. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I don't usually focus on things I can't obtain. I don't usually have an answer for questions like "if you could choose one dead person to talk to for an afternoon..." either. BUT, I love solving problems for friends. I hear a problem and I want to help so much, even if there is nothing to be done. So it isn't X-Ray vision, or supersonic hearing - but I guess I wish my superpower was Problem Solving! (how lame am I?...)

8. Favorite song? You know, the one you sing at the top of your lungs when no one is around. 
"We Live" by Superchick! I can sing, but with this song I sound more like I'm shouting along with the radio. Every time I hear it, I get so pumped up and happy. I can't not sing along with it! "We live, we love, we - forgive and never give up. Because the days we've been given are gifts from above and today we remember to live and to love"

9. What was your first job?
I suppose my very first job was baby sitting - but if that doesn't count, it was ironically enough working for the office I work for now!  In high school the Bestie and I worked doing various cleaning projects and such for her mom's office when they had guardianship accounts. Now several years later I do a much different work for them, but I still think it's funny that it was my "first job" and now the same firm is my "first real job".

10. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Veg out! For someone who likes to be as busy as I do - I really enjoy my time in front of the TV a bit too much!

11. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
I love Thanksgiving!! You mix in sports, food and family and it's a win for everyone! I treasure so many of my early memories of preparing food with a kitchen full of family each year! Nothing beats a house full of family!


Questions for My Nominees:
1. If you had to live somewhere else (far away) where would it be and why?
2. Who has been the kindest to you in life - or a very memorable act of kindness from another?
3. What are you proudest of in your life?
4. All challenges aside, if you could be one thing in this world, your dream job - what is it?
5. What was the most trouble you got into as a child? What was your punishment for it?
6. Did you enjoy school as a child?
7. Are you still friends or in touch with anyone from your high school days?
8. What lessons has your work life taught you?
9. What is your ethnic background/heritage?
10. What is your all time favorite TV show? (or the one you can't live without right now?)
11. Any broken bones in your past {or present}? How did you get them?

Drum Roll... My Nominees Are:

Chelsea at My Pink Scribbles
Tracey at Ciao from Texas!

No tag backs of course - but my honorary nominee would be Christina at Significance or Nothing. She has an adorable blog, you should check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination! You are the best and I am so thankful that I get to share this blogging life and community with my best friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!