Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Literary Junkies Book Club {1}

 I am so excited to be a part of this Link-Up!
It is being hosted by Taylor {at Goings on in Texas} and Lesley {at by the Porchlight}
This is our first link party & is a part of our new Literary Junkies book club!

By the Porchlight
{my goal for this week is to figure out how the heck to put this button on my sidebar... I'm blogger challenged}
1) What book are you currently reading? Give us a little synopsis and your review.
I'm currently reading Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.
The husband is a huge Grisham fan and loved this book, I love the movie so we decided I'll read it and we'll watch the movie together this weekend!
I love the book so far! It's funny, a light read and so accurate about the funny consumerism that Christmas has become. 

2) What are your 3 favorite books of all time?
I'm not good at picking individual books... I like authors and genres; but if I had to pick, I'd say:
1. The Great Gatsby 
2. Harry Potter {I know it's 7 books, but I love the series!!}
3. Okay, I can't decide for #3. But I love everything by Jennifer Weiner

3) What is your "approach" upon entering a bookstore? Where do you immediately head after entering through the front door?
There are two book stores I usually go to. The first being Denton's very own Recycled Books & Movies. If you're a Dentonite - we call it "The Purple Opera House on the Square".
I love walking into this book store and smelling the aroma of all the old books!


My first stop is always the sales racks outside! I can't tell you how many times I've picked up great, popular reads for $1 or $2!!

I occasionally go to Barnes & Nobles.
I honestly don't like paying their prices (I'm cheap, I know) but I love the environment!
Nothing is better than going there, parking my hiney in a chair with a cup of coffee and a great book!

My next book to read will be Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern!
I can't wait to link up & join in on the twitter party to discuss the book!

8 comments:

  1. I love The Great Gatsby!! :) And Jennifer Weiner, although one of her latest (can't remember which one) I listened to on CD and had a hard time getting into the actual story-line. Probably should read it so I can develop the characters in my head to help me out. ;) Thank you so much for linking up!! Can't wait until next month! :)
    {PS...if you take the button code and go into your Layout within Blogger, add a widget to your side bar and choose the HTML option. Paste the button code in there and click save.} :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I *think* I have something off in my settings. :( I've read, watched and followed numerous tutorials and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm excited about the book club! Looking forward to starting the new book for Dec! :)

      Delete
  2. This link up is too cute! You know I love The Great Gatsby too, and I can't wait to go see the new movie with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about the movie too! You should join in on the book club! I think you'd really like it!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited to have you join the linkup AND book club! Thanks so much! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm excited to be a part of it! : )

      Delete
  4. I like the B&N environment too but sometimes their prices are a little high. I used to go to the one down the road from my college between classes; it had the best chairs ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved vegging out in their chairs during long study days in College!

      Delete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!