Sunday, November 25, 2012

Troubling Times

When I was in High School, I was with my Aunt & Uncle when they received word that friends of theirs would be getting a divorce.  For the Aunt & Uncle it was troubling and upsetting news.

A marriage had failed.
I didn't understand why this was upsetting to them.
After all, it wasn't their marriage.

In such a season of Joy and Thankfulness, John and I received some bad news.

Dear friends of ours will be ending their marriage after several years and a beautiful baby.
This will be the first set of friends we have getting a divorce.

The reason of their impending divorce aren't relevant to this post, or my place to discuss.
John and I both found it so disconcerting, upsetting.
I still don't really know what to say about it. Or how to understand and process it.
It's a very consuming thought for us at this time.

Though there will be much more lamenting their situation; I am reminded:
Do not judge a book by its cover. We would have never guessed that there were problems in their marriage.
We looked up to them & their marriage so much.

In this time of year, remember all the things we have to be grateful for and pray for those who are experiencing troubling times.

If you would please send up a little prayer for our friends.
And, if you would, say a prayer for your marriage and your married friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!