Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sanger Christmas Celebration

Brothers, Father, Husband & Me: SCC 2011
 This year is the 10th anniversary of the Sanger Christmas Celebration! SCC is the Christmas production our church puts on every year and it has become a huge tradition for our family.


John dressing as the Bronze Wise Man

Every year it's different.
Two acts: Act 1 - That years theme and Act 2: Biblical Production.

John dressing as Roman Soldier
 There are 5 performances and countless hours of preparation and then there are the rehearsals!

You know it's almost time for SCC when... You left the church for the night at 11:30 pm, and you weren't the last one out the door. {my experience Monday night...}


John as Balthazar, the African Santa

My family has been involved every year for the last 10 years.
The first couple of years we all sang.
Mom and I played in our handbell choir between Acts.

 
Me & John after production 2010
 My Dad & Brothers started managing the Tech side of things about year 3 through to today.
On average my family puts in somewhere around 100 hours of prep time getting ready for each years SCC sound and lights.

The brothers also act in the production, sing and play handbells.


The Light & Sound Boards. AKA my Dad's Central Station.

 The Christmas Celebration has become a great way for my family to spend time together, serve the church and serve the community.

I can't wait to share pictures from this years production!

If you are in the DFW area - you should come and see it!
Tickets are Free (comment/contact me to reserve them for you)!
Performances are this weekend!
Saturday @ 4 & 7 pm
Sunday @ 11 am, 4 & 7 pm

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience! And I love the fact that you all have handbells! I grew up in a church that had a huge handbell choir. ;) Very rare to find churches that have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I had seen this early. We would have loved to come since we are just a stone's throw away in Denton. I played handbell's in junior high and loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!