Friday, January 16, 2015

A Birthday 101 in 1001

    ** So, my birthday was actually several days ago (January 4), but I spent the 5 days prior to my birthday sleeping and coping with being sick and the same held true for my actual birthday. So, I've finally gotten around to finishing the post. My birthday post 2 weeks late!**
    I am 26 years old today. It's kind of hard for me to believe that since last year I was so wrapped up in being a new Mommy to Cora it didn't even really register that I had a birthday! (the other mothers in my MOMs group say this is the same for them, some of them couldn't even tell you their age without doing math!)
    In honor of my birthday today... I was torn between writing a new 101 in 1001 post or doing a 30 before 30 list. I decided that since starting today (January 4, 2015), I will finish on October 1, 2017 and then I can do a 30 before 30 list since that will give me 459 days to complete that task list.
    My last 101 in 1001 & how I did completing it. (I'll apparently include links when Blogger decides it wants to work properly...)
    PERSONAL
  1. Participate in the 3 day Breast Cancer Walk
  2. Participate in a CF research/fundraising event.
  3. Complete 10 things on my Texas Bucket List
  4. Take a Cake Decorating Class
  5. Start a batch of Friendship Bread & share
  6. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
  7.  Read through Bible from Start to Finish
  8. Go on a hand-held electronics fast for 1 week (no cell phone {except calls}, tablet, laptop)
  9. Buy a new watch
  10. Be in Graduate School
  11. Treat myself to a Blow Out at the Dry Bar (maybe make it a girls day?!?)
  12. Create/Have a house cleaning schedule and stick to it for one month
  13. Read 10 new books
  14. Read Lord of the Rings series (doesn't count toward completing task above)
  15. Clean out my closet completely - if it is worn out, throw it out! If it doesn't fit, get rid of it!
  16. Buy a hammock
  17. Take flowers to my mothers grave.
  18. Learn to French Braid hair (correctly)
  19. Get pink couch reupholstered
  20. Attend Women of Faith Conference
  21. Try Lobster
  22. Learn how to make good iced coffee at home
  23. Cook for a new mom!
  24. Buy a gun & learn to shoot it
  25. Have a yard sale, clean out our junk & start cleaning out Dad's junk.
  26. Change my passport to my married name.
  27. Visit the thrift stores in Denton & find my favorite stores to meet our needs
  28. Purchase a FitBit or similar device. 
  29. Finish Cora's Baby Book
  30. Do a year calendar for any future kiddos (to heck with this Baby Book thing!)

    RELATIONSHIPS
  31. Celebrate John & my 4 year anniversary...
  32. 5 year anniversary, and...
  33. 6 year anniversary.
  34. Surprise a friend with flowers!
  35. Take John to the driving range

    HEALTH/FITNESS
  36. Go to the dentist (when I'm not pregnant)
  37. Update CPR certification
  38. Buy 10 new Essential Oils and learn how to use them.
  39. Donate blood at least twice
  40. Give up Soda for at least 1 month
  41. 1 month break from all fast food
  42. Be able to do 100 consecutive pushups! 
  43. Run a mile without walking, then...
  44. Run a 5 K

    ENTERTAINING
  45.  Host a party at our house, general dinner party
  46.  Host a wine tasting party
  47. Host a game watching party for Texas Tech (including using all my Tech house decor!)

    FAMILY
  48. Establish a good bedtime routine for Coralie & stick to it! 
  49. Take the family Bowling! 
  50. Take John Ice Skating
  51. Celebrate John's 30th birthday!
  52. Take family to New Mexico or Colorado (to see the mountains)
  53. Go to Vegas!
  54. Host a Family Reunion for my Dad's side of the family
  55. Have another kiddo, be pregnant or start adoption process
    1. Baby #2 Due July 2015
  56. Take Cora & Family to the State Fair (again)
  57. Take Cora & Family to Six Flags
  58. Take a Cruise (5 year anniversary!)
  59.  Lake Day with the Family
  60. Take a Trip to New York to see Johns Grandparents & to NYC
  61.  Go to a Hot Air Balloon Festival
  62. Adopt a dog for Cora/the Kids.
  63. Send cookies to Joshua in Japan
  64. Take family camping at Jellystone Park for a holiday celebration (Halloween or Christmas)
  65.  Take family to Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.
  66. Visit Dallas Arboretum for a fun seasonal event
  67. Purchase bicycles for the rest of the family & go on a family bike ride.
  68. Go camping at least once a year
  69. Take family to Lake Meridian 
  70. John & I tour Llano Estacado Winery in Lubbock
  71. Update Wills, Living Wills and other pertinent documents.
  72. Set up nursery for future children without buying the "nursery in a bag" thing - do it all piece-meal, preferably from Etsy!
  73. Have pictures taken of Cora in my wedding dress
  74. Get a couples massage with John
  75. Keep cousins Rachel & Andrew for a weekend for my Aunt & Uncle
  76. Enroll Cora in a Mothers Day Out Preschool program
  77. Start a childrens Christmas Tree tradition & do 18 year ornament project with each kid.
  78. For at least 1 week, no meals on the couch, eat at the table for all of them.

    FINANCES
  79. Close out Capital One 360 savings account & open account with local Credit Union 
  80. Budget for all 12 months in a row
  81. Be 100% debt free (from student loans, van payment, credit cards & medical debt)
  82. Have a 3 month emergency fund in savings
  83. Contribute $5 for every task I complete on this list to my IRA.

    HOME
  84. Have house plans made for building our house!
  85. Plant at least 5 new trees
  86. Plant garden on our new property
  87. Fence the property & install gates
  88. Build a wooden picnic table
  89. Decorate Master Bedroom
  90. Make cloth napkins & use them regularly
  91. Create a Gallery Wall with things we already have that need a home/frame.

    DIY/PROJECTS
  92. Set up sewing machine & make something!
  93. Make/Buy 5 new Throw Pillows 
  94. Complete 5 DIY Pinterest projects
  95. Learn to knit or crochet
  96. Create/Have someone make t-shirt quilt

    BLOG
  97. Set up a Facebook page for my blog
  98. Do blog redesign (that's been in the works for the better part of a year...)
  99. Attend a blog conference
  100. Blog about 75 of these goals & how I achieved them.
  101. Create a 30 before 30 list to begin on Oct 2, 2017 and complete on my 30th birthday, January 4, 2019.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!