Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Literary Junkies {January Edition}


Today I'm guest posting for Lindsey at Follow the Ruels - go check it out!!

It's time for another Literary Junkies Link up!!
Join us with Leslie at By the Porchlight,
and Taylor at Pink Heels, Pink Truck!
Pink Heels Pink Truck

1.  Which book could you read over & over?
 Oh gosh, well I love reading books more than once! When I really get into a new book, I can't put it down. So, I unfortunately have to use judgement about when to pick up a new book. If there are tons of responsibilities and commitments, I'll opt to re-read a book or a series rather than something new.
I've re-read Harry Potter a zillion times, and the Twilight series. Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger and Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner are also some of my go-to reads.



Book Hangover

2. If you could be any character from any book you've read, who would you be?
There hasn't been a particular character I have identified with and would want to live their life. However, I always find something about characters I love and I guess I daydream? about them and what it would be like if they were real and I was their friend.
Hi, my name is Rebekah and I'm a nerd. : )


3. Do you ever put a book down because you just can't get into it? Or do you stick it out to the bitter end? Any examples?
I try really hard to stick it out, I always hope that it will get better, but I've put a few books down. I *hated* Eat, Love, Pray and put it down & got rid of it. I really couldn't get into The Pursuit of Happyness either, (yes it's really spelled that way, I double checked) I didn't as much give up on it, as I got busy and never made it back to reading it.  Right now, I'm reading A Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowlings new book. I want to like it because I love Harry Potter, but it's not exactly going well. I'll let you know how it turns out if I finish it.


4. Show us your book shelves! Do you have one designated spot in your house for all your books? Do you scatter them around?

Ideally the books would all stay in the office/living room area - We have one long book shelf on the wall & a small bookcase in the office - but books often end up in piles around the house as well. And these two pictures don't really represent the sheer quantity of books we own - we aren't moving until this summer and I already have a stack of paper boxes filled with books.




5 comments:

  1. I love the book shelf area really high up! Love that! I'm really struggling with our book this month..why oh why did she write this. I feel like she totally missed the mark on this one and wrote over her intended audience. So sad.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad someone else didn't like EPL! I was just so annoyed with the author the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGH Stupid Casual Vacancy... i hear ya! Love the over the door bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just read someone else's post who hated eat, pray, love and i agree!

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/literary-junkies-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, it seems like almost everyone found The Casual Vacancy to be a dud! I love your bookshelf set up!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!