Friday, January 4, 2013

24 Years



For some reason 24 sounds like so much older than 23. 
Birthdays have never been a huge deal for me.

Maybe it's being so close to Christmas and New Years?

Rather than really celebrating, I prefer to use it as a time to set goals and focus on the year ahead
{you know, what everyone else does at New Years...}

24 things I look forward to in my 24th year:

1. Celebrating 2 years of marriage with my wonderful husband!

2. Spending Less & Saving More! We're preparing to embark on No Spend February. We're also looking for other ways to cut back on the budget and spend less on frivolous items and make large investments!

3. Hank, Johns Grandpa will be turning 75 & having a big birthday bash with all the family!

4. My upcoming job change!

5. My youngest brother will be graduating from High School!

6. John and I plan to return to Galveston when we go to Houston for his cousin, Matt's, graduation!

7.Living in a new house! We can't wait to buy a house! I look forward to - 
- Not having to own "mud shoes" to get to and from my car because our driveway/yard is so muddy every time it barely rains!
- Central Heat/Air {it says it all}
- having pipes that were installed properly so we aren't constantly without water in winter!
-Neighbors I don't hate! ;)
- a Garage!! I miss a garage!! 

8. Decorating said new house!

9. Buying a dining set!

10. Hawaii!!!!

11. Continuing to grow my blog!

12. Hosting our first big family holiday - Thanksgiving!

13. All the wedding festivities for Kim's wedding!

14. A Baby Bump? Maybe??

15. Finding a new church!

16.Fitting into my Skinny Jeans!

17. Purchasing a family car! 

18. Make a point to get to know some of my extended family better!
Perhaps, get together with the cousins in East Texas!

19. Growing my hair out! 
{Now, I just have to learn how to tolerate long hair in the Texas Summer Heat!}

20. Creating & Developing a Facebook for my blog!

21. Helping my Hubby to start his own blog or a series on my blog!

I want to set a specific goal of completing particular items from my 101 in 1,001 list.

22. Host a party, just because, at our house (#14)

23. Have a Christen the China party (#17)

24.Re-Starting our family tradition of Sunday Lunches (also taking care of #35)

I hope you will join me in 2013 making my 24th year the best one yet!!


New to {L&&L}? - I'd love to connect!
Instigram, Twitter, Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Bestie!! So happy I get to share another year with you!
    Now let's get this house so we can decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Rebekah!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I saw your name on the blogger birthday calendar and I thought I would come over and say Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Love your list. I hope you get a baby bump! Best thing that's ever happened to me. I posted the same type list for my 25th birthday today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your 24th year is the best one yet!! What a great list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!