Monday, January 21, 2013

Biggest Loser {3} Vegetables Galore!


Last week was a less than stellar week if you will recall.

I had unfortunately gained 2.5 pounds.  I had been doing small things to make a difference. I'd kicked the coke habit (though I will admit I was really missing my old friend Dr. Pepper). I was eating smaller healthier portions and beginning to exercise again.

 After last week I knew I needed a kick in the hind quarters! I spent Monday & Tuesday licking my wounds and assessing the habits I have and how I can change them.

 I made it a priority to log everything I eat and drink into My Fitness Pal. I also made some great new friends on MFP thanks to you all!! If you use MFP & need some accountability, feel free to friend me!

The biggest thing I changed was what I ate. I'm working to reduce the amount of processed foods I eat (which, I'll be honest is a lot), I continued on the no cokes - which this week was easy breezy! I didn't even think about them! I also cut out meat from 2/3 of my meals and gave carbs a serious curbing!!

J & I already eat lean meats, I'm not a big fan of beef, so if I cook it, it's probably chicken. However, I'm not a big vegetable or fruit eater at all.  In reducing my meat & carb intake I want to remind myself of all the healthy foods that are great alternatives and healthier. For me, it's the first step towards making better habits. I prefer to make lifestyle changes than diet off and on.

Some of my daily eating habits looked like:


All in all - it paid off!! I weighed in this morning at 198.0 lbs!!
That puts me down 2 lbs from last week and only up .5 lbs overall! 

I feel great!! I'm so happy the direction I'm headed with this!

With the change in my diet I feel much better overall. I'm sleeping better, I don't feel the need to drink any caffeine at all! I didn't even mean to but, I kicked the coffee habit!
I feel full between meals and don't find the need to snack!

This was definitely the momentum in the right direction I needed! Thank you all for your support & encouraging words!

I'm linking up with the Java Mama for the Biggest Loser Challenge - join us!!

TheJavaMama

8 comments:

  1. So proud of you, bestie!! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I am hopping on over from the blogger biggest loser competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited many sites however the audio feature for audio
    songs existing at this website is actually superb.
    Take a look at my homepage : need a residential remodeler orlando fl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebekah! Great job this week!! Very positive changes and a great reward! I'm stopping over from the BLC linkup; so glad to be on the journey with you!

    Jenn
    ahealthymakeoverjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's AWESOME girl! KEEP IT UP!!!! Woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!