Tuesday, September 18, 2012

...and Gossip



Once upon a time...
not all that long ago, I had an influence in my life that I shouldn't have. 

We've all been there and done that - had friends we really shouldn't have.
In my case, she was far too manipulative.
I knew she lied to others and for some reason I assumed she would never lie to me or about me. 

Well, let's just say I was wrong.
A spade is a spade.


 When I saw this picture, the ugly fight that ensued when I had enough came to mind.

I wish that someone had used these words to calm me over the matter.
Of course nothing she was saying was true.
Or was so far from the seed of truth that it was ridiculous.

But I was furious! And through my fury, frustration and anger that my
reputation was being tarnished I lost sight of the fact that it wasn't true.

That none of it was true.

If I conduct my life in such a manner that is pleasing to God,
why would anyone believe it when the inevitable Gossip or lie surfaces.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!