Thursday, October 4, 2012

{Political Rant}

{This is not FOR or AGAINST a particular candidate, it's just about Politics in general}

If you know me, you know I love politics!
I have a degree in Political Science for pete's sake!

I am a card toting, proud member of the, Err... I promised I wouldn't make this specific {but if you are curious, I'd be happy to share privatly}
BUT I pride myself on the fact that people can come to me (and many a friend does!) for unbiased information on a subject!

Inevitably, every time there is some major legal, political issue people turn out in DROVES to talk about it (particularly on Facebook)! People who on 360 days of the year don't give a darn what is going on in the House of Representatives or Senate floor. 

Usually this doesn't bother me, because - hey - at least they are showing an interest!

I think apathy is one of the BIGGEST problems in America!
If you don't care & you don't vote, you are forefitting your RIGHTS to complain!
because you had a chance to do something about it!
{and if I really get on my soap box, I'll start talking about a grassroots movement through political parties if you actually care about what happens in government}

But I also firmly believe in your right to not care. Your right to say and do nothing.
Because this is America.

But nothing gets my blood boiling MORE than what I saw on Facebook this morning.

A "friend" (who shall remain nameless) posted:
"The debates are making it easy for me to clean out my 'friend' list."




How shallow and awful this is to think that you can't be friends with people of differing opinions. Better yet, how un-American!
Yup, she has the right to say it. Doesn't make it right.

And she isn't alone. There are people all over (on both sides) saying similarly uneducated things.

That concludes todays rant... BUT in all seriousness - PLEASE REGISTER TO VOTE! You still have time to get registered before the election next month.
Do your American duty, people died so that you have this right. Use it!

1 comment:

  1. Just printed my voter registration application for Denton County because the current address on my card is my freshman dorm!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!