Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's Very PINteresting (Buffalo Chicken Love)

                           Hello, my name is Rebekah and I am addicted to Buffalo Chicken.

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken... three ingredients - chicken, franks red hot wings buffalo sauce and ranch dip mix.
Check out My Kitchen Apron & all the great recipes!
       A few months ago when I was in the midst of my past addiction/love affair with my crock pot (I still love it, I've just learned to balance it out with other forms of food prep...) I stumbled across this pin on Pinterest.  The next trip to the grocery store I picked up some Franks Buffalo Sauce. It has been true love since the first night when I smelled this delicious recipe cooking as I walked in from work!

      My current philosophy with food prep is that if you have time to cook one meal, you probably have time to prepare two.  I either double the recipe and we eat the meal again in a day or two, it becomes left overs for lunches or in the case of this Buffalo Chicken, it can become several different meals with a singular theme.

      Since we are being diet friendly around our house right now caloric intake is a big factor in meal planning. I am a big believer in changing habits (which I'm working diligently on right now) rather than "dieting", at 267 calories per serving (according to the recipe calculator on My Fitness Pal) - you can easily adapt portion sizes and side dishes to fit in to your daily calorie goal.

Day 1: Buffalo Chicken Burritos - I just mix up whatever box of rice we have in the house, (if I'm really planning ahead I break out the rice cooker) I serve up some chicken, mix it with the rice and we eat it in a tasty tortilla.

Day 2: Buffalo Chicken Pizza - I break out a store bought pizza dough crust and sprinkle it with shredded cheese, the buffalo chicken and I drizzle buffalo sauce and ranch across the top.

       I am thinking that next week will be a Buffalo Chicken kind of week and I'm planning to break out a couple of these new recipes I found on Pinterest.

Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese


Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese.  I'm going to have to play with this recipe. Unfortunately, the Pin links me to a long and complicated version, and while I'm sure it is delicious, I very rarely spend that much time prepping a single meal and certainly not one focused around mac & cheese.












Buffalo Chicken Taquitos








Buffalo Chicken Taquitos - The recipe looks pretty tasty and I'm sure the creamy flavor of the Cream Cheese blends well with the spicy tang of the buffalo chicken sauce!
















A diet friendly lunch idea is to wrap up some of the chicken topped with veggies and a little ranch all wrapped up in a large piece of lettuce.















 




And, lastly - for the last of the left-overs: Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. It's such a simple concept, I can't believe I hadn't thought of it myself already. Just add cheese (and since we like spice - maybe a little more Buffalo Sauce) to a tortilla and you're set!




Check out my Pin Boards for food & crock pot recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!