Saturday, November 1, 2014

I love my readers...

I love my wonderful readers!
I love getting comments! Nothing is better than getting some advice or answers to questions I sometimes write at the bottom of posts (usually regarding parenting etc). 

Recently I've gotten a whole bunch of comments from no-reply bloggers! This makes me so sad because I can't reply to your comments and I'd love to! Sometimes I can track down the person and get their email address and reply that way, but I'm gonna be honest & tell you that my time is very stretched these days and I don't have time to do that kind of investigative work anymore. 

On a slightly unrelated, yet related post *stepping on soap box* one of the biggest reasons I stop following a blog is when the author doesn't ever respond to comments. For some of the bigger blogs, I understand not responding to every single "great post!" comments, but it just really irks me when I leave a heartfelt comment (or 10... on various posts of course, I'm not a stalker!) and I never hear anything back. Or worse, when I ask a question and don't hear boo back. I have gotten frustrated with some of my very favorite blogs recently and am seriously considering unfollowing. One of my favorite things about blogging is the community, how can a community be developed if no communication occurs. 

So - please check and see if you're a no reply blogger! 
Rather than re-invent the wheel, check out some of these tutorials to fix the problem. 
Venus Trapped in Mars discusses here a new & even more frustrating way you could be a no-reply blogger with a great tutorial to fix the problem. (Sarah, I too hate Google +!!)

This is a great tutorial if you don't use the Blogger platform to blog with.

And this is how I fixed my no-reply status forever ago when I first started blogging.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!