Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Praying for your Marine through Basic Training (Week 1)


With Joshua off at MCRD for Basic Training, many of my prayers are centering around his safety and well being. I want to share my prayers and verses I've studied with you and hopefully it can be of some help to another Marine family. I have shared these verses and prayers with Joshua in his letters, feel free to do the same!

Processing Week
Day 1
In God I trust and am not afraid, What can mortal man do to me?
- Psalms 56:11

Dear Father, please place your protective hand on our Marines as they begin this journey to honorably serve this great nation and you. During this time of transition and acclimation to their new life at MCRD, I pray you guard their hearts and emotions. As a loved one, I worry about the emotions associated with this change and the process involved in turning these recruits from civilians to Marines.

Day 2
Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. 
- Colossians 3:17

Heavenly Father, I pray that this may be a reminder to our Marines that their service is in Your name. As we each have our own mission field in life, theirs is as they serve their country as representatives of the Army of God.

Day 3
Cast all your anxieties on Him, for He cares for you.
- 1 Peter 5:7
 
Father, I pray that today whatever may be troubling our new Marines, that they faithfully cast their concerns away and trust that you will see them through to the end. 
 

Day 4
 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- Ephesians 6:10-12


Day 5 
(Black Friday)
 Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 1:9

Father, I pray for our recruits as they meet their Drill Instructors and the men in their assigned platoon. I pray that they find camaraderie and friendship in their platoon assignment and that these relationships are strong and positive ones that last for years to come. 

Day 6
 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Isaiah 40:29-31

Heavenly Father, today I plead for strength and endurance for the recruits. I pray that they rely not on their own strength and knowledge, but on you. I pray that in years to come they look back on this time and see it as a season of spiritual growth. 

Day 7
“Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” 
- Hebrews, 11:1

Today I pray for our Marines to continue a faithful walk with you as they are in training. I pray they make other Christian comrades and find solace in worshiping with their Brothers at Arms in Chapel services.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!