Monday, February 4, 2013

My tactless thoughts on the Superbowl

 

What is the point in blogging if you don't take the opportunity to share your less than lovely views on certain things. Here are my opinions of the Super Bowl: the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

- I was bawling like a baby when the Sandy Hook kiddos were singing God Bless America.

- I already didn't exactly like Go Daddy. Their advertising campaign lost me long before now. Primarily because it is ineffective. I've sat through tons of Go Daddy commercials and didn't know what their service was before I read a blog post discussing their move to a self hosted site. Fail on Go Daddy's behalf. And let's just go ahead and seal the deal with Sunday nights commercial.

- Unnecessary Roughness? Of course because they're a bunch of overpaid children who are allowed to do what they want when they want.

When the power outage came, the humor broke out in our home. Some of my favorite tactless jokes from the night at the expense of New Orleans:
  • Someone must have tripped over the extension cord running into Houston
  • This just in from NOLO: the Federal Government was responsible for the electric bill
  • It's a conspiracy - George Bush did it!
  • Thank you NOLO for making Dallas look great! 
    • We can't control the weather - what's your excuse?
Favorite Commercials:
  1. Jeep's "Whole Again" commercial. Brought tears to my eyes.
  2. I'm a Ford girl - but hands down, the Dodge Ram, "God made a Farmer" commercial wins! (love Paul Harvey!)
    Then I had to look away from the Twitter feed about the commercial because apparently America is rather ignorant about the hard work that goes into providing the food they eat. #spoiledfirstworld
  3. Taco Bells - "Viva Mas" commercial! LOVED it!!
  4. The Budweiser "Baby Clydesdale" commercial, because how can you not love it?
  5. The Tide Commercial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!