Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Olympics!!

 

The Olympic games have been a summer (or winter as the case may be) pass-time for my family for as long as I can remember! 

The first games I remember were the 1996 Olympic games hosted in Georgia.  My parents exposed us to all the coverage about the games (not so much about the terrorist attack).  I still have trading pins from the games!

I stayed up in the middle of the night to watch Live events in the Bejing Olympics (2008)
(it helped that I was a nanny so my day job requirements were limited)

Attending a Summer Olympic Games is on my bucket list! John thinks it would be great to work for the IOC... I'm not so convinced, but how cool would it have been to live in London for four years leading up to the events (London because I can speak English!)?!?

I'm anticipating that this will be the best Olympics in many years!

I'm excited that they're in England!
I've had English fever for a while and can't get enough gossip about Princess Kate and her handsome Prince. I'm sure that there will be various sitings of the royals throughout the games.

This will probably be the only year I take an interest in Field Hockey... apparently it's Kate's sport of preference.
Photo Courtesy of NBC Olympic Coverage







What are you looking forward to the most about this years Summer Olympics?

Will you be watching the Opening Ceremony? (Friday evening on NBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!