Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Snips & Snails or Sugar & Spice??

This weekend will be our gender reveal party! 
I really can't believe that we're finally far enough along in the pregnancy to know if the little minion is a boy or a girl! 

We had a little scare that we wouldn't be able to find out the sex before the party, our sonographer at the doctors office had a family emergency so all non-emergent sonograms have been cancelled.  Fortunately a place in town was able to fit us in this week and as long as the little one cooperates we'll leave with an envelope containing big news!!

Since there are a few more days until we know for sure - I'm still loving the wives tales for gender prediction!

What I think it is: GIRL

What John thinks it is: GIRL

The Chinese Gender Chart predicts: BOY

According to the Mayan's even/odd predictions: BOY

Carrying High/Low: I'm carrying high, indicating a GIRL

Heart Rate: 144, suggesting BOY

Math Test: Combining my age at conception, plus the number for the month the baby was conceived in - if the number is odd, it suggests girl, if it's even - boy. 
24 + 1 = 25 Odd, GIRL

Salty vs. Sweet: I still don't really like food, but I've heard that craving protein means boy and I will go out of my way to get a steak these days so I'm leaning towards BOY


Morning Sickness: Yes, a ton of morning  all day sickness, suggesting GIRL.

There are so many more - but these are my favorite.
I'm trying not to lean one way or another, boy/girl, so that I'm happy and open minded about whichever we are having. I always thought the common saying about "not caring, as long as it's healthy" was so lame and such a cop-out answer before being pregnant. Now I completely get it - either way I will be overjoyed and beyond blessed with a healthy, happy baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!