Monday, April 16, 2012

It's been a while...

...but life has been so crazy!  Working in a CPA firm, I am coming to terms with the fact that I pretty much will never be able to have a life during the Spring. Between the March and April deadlines, I stay quite busy!

     BUT, between the two deadlines I did manage to accomplish 1 whole thing of my house repair list and part of another with the diligent help of my dear hubby wubby and my dear little brother, Joshua! Without these two, I would be so lost!

      Drum roll please.... We ripped out the carpet in the Dining Room!! That marks off #2 on the In No Particular Order List. Surprisingly enough, the cement under the carpet doesn't look that bad! So, we've decided that with the exception of an area rug, we'll leave it as is. Boy did it make us sick though... even with wearing the appropriate masks and gloves etc, John and I both felt like we had a bad case of strep/bronchitis for about a week and a half after removing the carpet. My blonde roots shone through that it took me a couple of days to figure out why I felt like poo on toast (it didn't start right away). Not until I was miserable as I walked through the doors at work, but felt better by the time I left, except being exhausted of course - but then felt even worse again in the morning. Well duh, it was the house! Thank Heaven we're past that now.

      I've also continued my occasional work on finishing up the texturing in the Dining room on the walls. Honestly it lacks about 5 hours of constant work... maybe this weekend - since I won't have to work!!

     Then, I can't take any credit for it, but Joshie, the wonderful little brother that he is, built a very nice dog pen for our little mongreals!! So that marks of part of #30 on the same list!


    I promise to update more soon! Tomorrow is the deadline so there should be free time - or at least not crazy schedules - in my near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!