Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Trick or Treat Bag & Halloween Recap

Growing up 2 of my brothers and I had these cute fabric trick-or-treat bags 


(the 3rd brother wasn't born when they were made... poor Joshie (; )

One of my Grandfather's Sisters made them for us.
(Yes both Jacob & my name were misspelled, only Robert's was correct since his first & middle names were names of two of her brothers)

When Cora was born I knew I wanted Cora and her future siblings to have a fun, unique trick or treat bag rather than using the plastic buckets or plastic bags. 

I looked at several tutorials, but I wasn't too interested in following an exact pattern, so I created this cute little owl...

I don't have a great picture of it and it's already packed up for the year or I'd take a picture for this post.

It was super easy to make and I was able to hand sew it all (which is great because apparently I'm missing the pedal to my sewing machine - no bueno!). It's a little big for her this year, but since I hope that she'll use it every year that she trick-or-treats she'll grow into it. I still have my trick-or-treat bag and usually stuff it with tissue paper and use it as a decoration on a table or a shelf. I hope that one day she'll have this memento from her childhood to do the same with. :)

And while we're on the topic of Halloween in November - I'll share pictures of Cora from the last of our Halloween/Fall Festival activities.

On the Wednesday before Halloween we visited a friends church for their fall festival and chili cookout!


On Halloween my Dad and I took our little black kitten to the town square for Safe Spook - the local trick-or-treating at businesses. Then that evening after John got in from work we passed out candy as a family and made a trip around the block stopping at a couple of houses for Cora to "trick-or-treat".



Surprisingly she actually grasped the concept of stick her bag out, they put something in and then she took it out and chewed on the candy through the wrapper.

It's so hard to believe how much she has grown since Halloween last year! I'm sure I'll hardly recognize her next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments!! I am so glad you stopped by!
Please be sure your Blogger profile is linked to your e-mail. If not, leave your e-mail address in your comment so I can reply!!